I'm Rodrigo Alfonso (@afska)*, a software developer and musician from Argentina.
I'm interested in 💻 computers, 🤘 metal, and 👾 retro gaming.
This page showcases some personal projects that I've developed in my free time.
You can find me on
🎮 /software/video-games ⬆️
MouseWars.io (2017~2018) 🔗
MouseWars.io is a real-time multiplayer cursor war game. The cursors must fight until only one remains.
- 🌐 Web-based and available online for free
- 🤼♂️ Two game modes: All vs all and Team vs team
- 💯 Two scoring types: Deathmatch and Survival
- 🔫 9 attack types
- 👥 Up to 8 players per room
- 💬 Integrated in-game chat
- 🖥️ Servers available in South America and North America
- 🖱️ Play locally with the Desktop version
- 🔓 No login needed!
An adrenaline-packed endless runner game for Android. Navigate through Halu's treacherous world and outpace your friends' scores.
- 📱 Exclusively for Android
- 🏃♂️ Endless running gameplay
- 💀 Dodge deadly rocks by jumping or shrinking
- ⚠️ Beware of shrinking too much or you'll vanish!
- 🌀 Keep your escaping soul centered
- ☁️ Evade lethal smoke balls on your path
- 🚀 Speed intensifies over time
- 🏆 Challenge friends and beat their high scores
👾 /software/gameboy ⬆️
gba-remote-play (2021) 🔗
A software that streams games from a Raspberry Pi to a Game Boy Advance, through its Link Port. Video and audio are compressed and sent in real time to the GBA, while the latter responds with its current input, allowing users to play games of any platform by using the GBA (hence, Remote Play).
- 🎮 Plays any game using RetroPie on the GBA!
- 🔍 120x80 pixels of power!
- 🚀 ~60fps using the default display mode
- 📺 Retro scanlines 😎
- ⚡ More pixels of power on overclocked GBAs
- 🔊 Experimental audio support!
Crashes on the GB Micro! (yep, that's a feature)
A Pump It Up emulator for the Game Boy Advance that uses StepMania SSC charts.
- 📁 Full .ssc support (including hold and fake notes, bpm/scroll changes, stop/delays, and warps)
- 🕹️ Several game modes (campaign, arcade, impossible)
- 🔗 Multiplayer support via Link Port (double charts)
- ⚡ Dynamic speed multipliers
- 🛠️ Multiple mods
- 🎵 ~70 songs per .gba ROM
▶️ Watch the demo video.
💬 Go to the Discord server to find Download links and user-created content.
gba-link-connection (2020) 🔗
A set of Game Boy Advance (GBA) C++ libraries to interact with the Serial Port. Its main purpose is providing multiplayer support to homebrew games.
- 👾 LinkCable.h: The classic 16-bit Multi-Play mode (up to 4 players) using a GBA Link Cable!
- 💻 LinkCableMultiboot.h: Send Multiboot software (small 256KiB ROMs) to other GBAs with no cartridge!
- 🔌 LinkGPIO.h: Use the Link Port however you want to control any device (like LEDs or rumble motors)!
- 🔗 LinkSPI.h: Connect with a PC or another GBA using this mode. Transfer up to 2Mbit/s!
- 📻 LinkWireless.h: Connect up to 5 consoles with the Wireless Adapter!
- 🌎 LinkUniversal.h: Add multiplayer support to your game, both with 👾 Link Cables and 📻 Wireless Adapters, using the same API.
A Game Boy cartridge dumper that can read the ROM and read/write battery-backed RAM to manage games and save files.
It's based on insideGadget's GBCartRead, but it adds a new graphical interface packed as an Electron app, so users don't have to download and execute Python scripts in order to dump the memory.
🕹️ /software/nes ⬆️
Its main objective is to reflect the NES internals as simply as possible by using clean, object-oriented code. It doesn't have any complex bitwise operations, huge switch-case statements or files with lots of magic numbers.
- 👾 It emulates the NES
- 👨🔧 It plays Super Mario Bros. 3!
- 💻 CPU, 🖥️ PPU, 🔊 APU
- 🐏 SRAM support
- 💾 Save states support
- 🌎 Web frontend using Web Workers and Gamepad API
A web-based NES emulator frontend which supports two-player Net Play via WebRTC.
It's based on jsnes, but a network layer was added on top of it to allow playing over the Internet.
- 🐎 Fullspeed NES Emulation
- 🌐 Low-latency -peer to peer- online play
- 📦 ROM Drag & Drop / Easy UX
- 🔀 Swap P1 and P2 at any time
- ⌨️ Configurable controls
- 🎮 Gamepad support
- 📺 CRT TV emulation
🛠️ /software/tools ⬆️
play-and-shift (2022) 🔗
An mplayer wrapper that lets you find and play songs from your terminal with shifted pitch or speed.
Steganography toy that encodes secret messages in strings by using zero-width Unicode characters. A Chrome extension allows highlighting the hidden parts.
dropbox-universal-backup-tool (2015) 🔗
A command line tool that synchronizes directories with Dropbox. It uploads the files from disk to the cloud, with the added feature of being able to preview changes before hitting the API.
It only syncs in one direction, so it's safe for pushing incremental backups.
Arduino MIDI Player (2014) 🔗
A MIDI player made of buzzers. It started as a proof of concept for controlling an Arduino board with CoffeeScript.
It seems like Arduino boards can be controlled by any computer using a well known protocol that constantly sends instructions to the board by a serial connection. Fun stuff.
🗑️ /software/archive ⬆️
I started these projects when I was learning programming. They are written in Visual Basic 6, compiled and tested on Windows XP.
MouseWars Classic (2009) 🔗
An online two-player war game, where cursors have to defeat each other by using the assigned attacks.
It works with TCP/IP on the Internet or LAN, but a Bot is also available for solo playing.
HackTheSystem (2004~2007) 🔗
It's a... hmm... a "remote administration" tool. It has features like screen controlling and sharing, remote command execution, window management, keylogging, a file manager and a little chat.